ELEPHANT SAFARI - 3 Nights
2020 Pricing - per person sharing USD
Low Season $ 6 365.00 (March, December)
Mid Season $ 7 585.00 (April, May, June & November)
High Season $ 9 775.00 (July, August, September, October)
Seasons may vary.
Please contact us for seasonal pricing over your travel window.
Do something extraordinary and explore the Okavango Delta on an elephant back safari at Abu Camp. Guests get to know each elephant with activities offering an all-encompassing experience into the world of the herd, including walking with them, observing their daily life as well as viewing wildlife atop an individual and discussing conservation with the local researchers.
Day 1 to 3 - Abu Camp
Fly from Maun to Abu
At Abu Camp you are invited to immerse yourself in the majestic world of the African elephant and to become part of the herd during your stay. Named after a very special bull elephant, Abu Camp is set in a pristine pocket of riverine forest and blends in seamlessly with the magnificent surrounding hardwood trees. Looking out over a large lagoon, an imaginative use of canvas has created a unique and luxurious style of tent. Each of the six en-suite units has its own distinctive furnishings and fittings, imparting an air of opulence in the bush. These airy tents feature an indoor and outdoor shower, an outdoor copper bath and a generous elevated teak deck. Well-lit pathways link the guest tents with the main lounge and dining area and a well-stocked library and study, gym and swimming pool will keep you entertained while at camp.
Game drive | Kayak (Mokoro) | Walk | Star Beds | Elephant back safari
Abu Camp is based on conserving the greatest land mammal | Get to know each individual elephant in the Abu Herd | Exploring can be done by game drive, mokoro, walks - or by elephant!
- Abu Camp (BLD)
Day 4 - Departure
After breakfast fly back to Maun for your onward arrangements.
Type of Safari
For individuals, couples, families and groups.
3 Nights / 4 days
- Accommodation on a shared basis.
- Light aircraft transfers from Maun return
- All meals
- Soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juice, house wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin and Amarula
- National Park fees
- Road transfers
- Scheduled activities
- Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
- Compulsory comprehensive insurance
- All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
- All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
- Laundry at Deception Valley Adventurer Camp
- Optional extra activities
- Pre and post safari tours
- All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes
- Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
Light Aircraft, 4x4 safari vehicle, Motorboat, Mokoro
Please send us info on the safari/s you are interested in, your preferred dates, how many adults and children [+ ages] and we will come back to you with a detailed quote.
SEND US A DETAILED QUOTE [takes you to a submission form]