KALAHARI STARS - 3 Nights
2019 Price Per Person Sharing
Mid season: $1 945.00
April to June and November
High season: $2 355.00
July to October
This camp offers truly incredible views from the ridge of an ancient sand dune, an unusual experience in a land as flat as Botswana, and overlooks the famous Tau Pan - recognised for its stark beauty and remoteness.
Day 1 to 3 - Tau Pan Camp, Central Kalahari Game Reserve
Fly from Maun to Tau Pan Camp
Tau Pan accommodates up to eighteen guests in specially designed thatched units on raised decks. The camp offers truly incredible views from the ridge of an ancient sand dune, an unusual experience in a land as flat as Botswana, and overlooks the famous Tau Pan - recognized for its stark beauty and remoteness.
This, the first safari camp to be built in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, is a model of environmental sensitivity. As with its sister camp, Nxai Pan, Tau Pan has been constructed with the delicate ecologies in mind. Both utilize only solar power for the generation of electricity, heating of water and pumping of water from deep under the Kalahari sands. Waste water is treated in a state-of-the-art sewerage treatment plant and the fully treated water is returned to the sands from whence it came.
Activities offered at Tau Pan are game drives, day trips to the well-known Deception Valley, Sunday, Piper and Passarge Pans, star gazing, bush brunches on Tau Pan, and nature walks with Bushman trackers.
- Tau Pan Camp (BLD)
Day 4 - Departure
The morning is spent according to your departure time, and if time allows, a final activity. A final drive back to the airstrip and it is time for farewells to your guides, before taking off to your next destination.
Type of Safari
Individuals, Families or Small Groups
3 Nights / 4 days
Included & Excluded
- Light aircraft flights as indicated in the itinerary
- Road transfers as indicated on the itinerary
- Accommodation on a per person, sharing basis
- All meals
- Selected (local brand) beverages (South African wines and spirits)
- Activities as indicated on the itinerary
- Park fees and concession fees in accordance with the itinerary
- International flights, visas or taxes
- Any optional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any excluded beverages/items
- Any extra purchases (curio shopping etc.)
- Tips and gratuities
- Medical and luggage insurance
4x4 safari vehicle, Light Aircraft
VIEW DETAILED ITINERARY