FISH EAGLE SAFARI - 5 Night
2020 Pricing - per person sharing USD
Low Season $ 2 550.00 - May, June, Nov
High Season $ 3 150.00 - July to Oct
Seasons may vary.
Please contact us for seasonal pricing over your travel window.
This 5 night mobile camping journey will take you through Botswana’s famous regions. Moremi Game Reserve is situated in the eastern corner of the Okavango Delta and is one of the most beautiful and varied reserves found on the African continent with huge concentrations of wildlife and incredible scenery. The reserve consists of both swamped areas and dry-land areas. The Khwai Reserve is famous for elephants and excellent predators - and wonderful floodplains.
Day 1 & 2: Xakanaxa, Moremi Game Reserve
Your safari guide will be there to welcome you on arrival at Maun Airport. The exact departure time from Maun Airport will be advised closer to the time, as this depends on the commercial airlines flight schedules. Expect to leave Maun and begin your journey around lunchtime where you head to Moremi Game Reserve, stopping for a picnic lunch en-route, and arriving at your campsite in time for sundowners. Spending your first two nights camping in the Xakanaxa / 3rd Bridge region, you explore the surrounding wilderness on game drives during the day. The Moremi Game Reserve forms part of the unique ecosystem called the Okavango Delta and Moremi covers up to one-third of the Okavango. The total area of the Okavango covers up to 18 000 square kilometers of which the Moremi Game Reserve is 5000 square kilometers.
- Spacious expedition dome tents (BLD)
Day 3 - 5 - Khwai Comunity Area, Okavango
Following an early breakfast you continue your journey to Khwai, stopping for a picnic lunch en-route. The Khwai River forms a boundary between the reserve and the community area. You spend the next three nights camping at a campsite in the community area, exploring the Khwai floodplains on game drives both during the day and at night. Here, you will also enjoy a 2 ½ hour Mekoro Trip exploring the water ways of Khwai which is the most eastern reach of the Okavango river system. Exploring after dark with spotlights offers you a unique opportunity to experience some of the nocturnal animals that are rarely encountered during the day. It is important to note that night drives are not permitted within the national parks and reserves. These activities are conducted outside the boundaries of the Moremi Game Reserve in the Khwai community area.
- Spacious expedition dome tents (BLD)
Day 6 - Departure
Following breakfast, you head back to Maun enjoying a picnic lunch en-route. You will be dropped in Maun for your onwards arrangements.
Type of Safari
Small Group Mobile Camping Safari
2 - 8 people, available for
Fully serviced, walk-in tent,
shower and toilt en-suite
5 Nights / 6 days
Included & Excluded
- Comfortable walk-in tent;s with built in floors and mosquito gauze. Beds are comfortable camp stretchers including all bed linen and a towel
- En-suite bathrooms with a bucket shower and bush loo
- Licensed and experienced professional guide
- Game drives and local transfers in custom made open game drive vehicles with shade roof, game viewing seats
- All entrance and camping fees within the National Parks & Game Reserves. Private campsites are used wherever possible
- All meals & selected drinks
- Dedicated safari team including cook, camp assistant and back up driver
- Bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo and insect repellent)
- Medical evacuation insurance
- All activities as specified in the itinerary
- International & domestic or charter flights and airport departure taxes
- Travel, cancellation and medical insurance (essential on all safaris)
- Optional safari extensions
- Spirits (other than Gin)
- Items of a personal nature
4x4 safari vehicle
REQUEST A DETAILED ITINERARY & COSTING
Please send us info on the safari/s you are interested in, your preferred dates, how many adults and children [+ ages] and we will come back to you with a detailed quote.
SEND US A DETAILED QUOTE [takes you to a submission form]