SELINDA CHANNEL ADVENTURE - 4 Nights
High Season only: $ 3 650-00 Per person USD
Set departure dates
An adventure exploration safari experience of 5 days / 4 nights along the Selinda Reserve’s Selinda Spillway, offering either a canoeing and walking adventure or pure walking safari experience.
This is an authentic African adventure discovering hidden wonders of an ancient waterway in the tradition of the explorers of old…
Day 1 to 4 - Selinda Slipway - Okavango
Fly from Maun to Selinda
All adventure trails start at the Selinda Airstrip where you are met and immediately transferred by helicopter to the remote starting point of your adventure.
The distance of the Selinda Adventure Trails differ depending on whether it is a walking or canoeing adventure. Over the 5 days the walking distance is just over 20 km and canoeing is approximately 40km. Along either routes you can expect to see many species of wildlife.
The Selinda Reserve is well known for some of Botswana’s largest herds of buffalo and elephant, roan antelope and African wild dog. Other possible sightings include cheetah, lion, leopard and variety of other species. It is also a birder’s paradise with over 300 species possibly seen.
All four nights are spent in fly camps along the Selinda Spillway at pre-arranged sites. The days are spent paddling or walking along the Spillway and into the woodlands of the reserve, depending on which option is available at that time, with regular stops whenever there is something of interest to be seen along the way.
When canoeing, each canoe has two guests as well as their bed rolls and soft bags. Participants paddle their own canoes each day. No previous paddling, canoeing or walking safari experience is needed as tuition and safety briefings are given – but participants must be fit enough to paddle their own canoes and be prepared to walk between camps when water levels are not sufficiently high on the Selinda Spillway.
Guests are not expected to put up their tents or help with the cooking and camp chores as our staff are on hand. Walk-in 3m x 2.4m Flex-Bow tents are provided as they are comfortable and large enough for two people. Screened, bucket showers with hot and cold water are also supplied.
On the pure walking trail each guest will be supplied with a day backpack which will include water. An armed, qualified walking guide as well as an experieced tracker will be with you at all times as you explore the banks of the Spillway water as well as slightly more remote areas of the Selinda Reserve.
Ideally you could and should elect to stay on for an additional night or two after the you have completed the Selinda Adventure Trail at either Selinda Explorers Camp, Selinda Camp or Zarafa and the Zarafa Dhow Suites.
The Selinda Adventure Trail’s camps bring you closer to nature. The overnight camp sites create that sense of wilderness with a clear emphasis on essential camp comforts and maximum wilderness experience.
- Spacious expedition dome tents (BLD)
Day 5 - Departure
Following breakfast and a short game drive your safari will end in Maun
Type of Safari
Small Group Mobile Camping Safari
2 - 8 people, available for
The adventure begins with a helicopter air transfer from the Selinda Airstrip on day 1 and ends with a game viewing road transfer from Selinda Explorers Camp on day 5. The Selinda Airstrip is accessible by scheduled air transfers or private charters.
Walk-in 3m x 2.4m Flex-Bow tents are provided as they are comfortable and large enough for two people. Screened, bucket showers with hot and cold water are also supplied.
4 nights / 5 Days
Included & Excluded
- Comfortable walk-in tent;s with built in floors and mosquito gauze. Beds are comfortable camp stretchers including all bed linen and a towel
- En-suite bathrooms with a bucket shower and bush loo
- Licensed and experienced professional guide
- Game drives and local transfers in custom made open game drive vehicles with shade roof, game viewing seats
- All entrance and camping fees within the National Parks & Game Reserves. Private campsites are used wherever possible
- All meals & selected drinks
- Dedicated safari team including cook, camp assistant and back up driver
- Bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo and insect repellent)
- Medical evacuation insurance
- All activities as specified in the itinerary
- International & domestic or charter flights and airport departure taxes
- Travel, cancellation and medical insurance (essential on all safaris)
- Optional safari extensions
- Spirits (other than Gin)
- Items of a personal nature
Lite Aircraft, 4x4 safari vehicle.