HORNBILL - 6 Nights
2019 Price Per Person Sharing
Low season: $6 927.00
January to March
Midseason: $7 863.00
April to June and November
High season: $12 648.00
July to October
Explore the Okavango Delta and Linyanti regions at two fabulous Wilderness Safaris camps, staying 3nts Little Vumbura + 3nts DumaTau - a very high quality experience!
Start Maun and return to Maun (or Kasane)
Day 1 to 3 - Little Vumbura Camp, Okavango Delta
Fly from Maun to Vumbura
Okavango island camp with great game - Little Vumbura is situated on a beautiful island in a private concession in the northern reaches of the Okavango Delta. Surrounded as it is by water and lying close to large rivers, water-based activities are just as popular as those on land, both offering spectacular and diverse wildlife sightings.
Little Vumbura is a beautiful six-roomed tented camp shaded by the canopy of an ancient forest. Each well-appointed tent has en-suite facilities and a deck with incredible vistas. A plunge pool and reading area overlook the floodplains and a star deck leads off over the water from the dining area.
- Little Vumbura Camp (BLD)
Day 4 to 6 - DumaTau Camp, Okavango Delta
Fly from Vumbura to DumaTau
Some of the best game viewing in northern Botswana, DumaTau, meaning ‘roar of the lion,’ is a ten-roomed (eight twin and two family) luxury tented camp located in the private Linyanti Wildlife Reserve that borders the western boundary of Chobe National Park. It is situated close to the source of the Savute Channel on Osprey Lagoon, one of the many lagoons within the Linyanti Swamp system, and between two elephant ‘corridors’ – all of which results in a plethora of wildlife on game drives along the Savute.
DumaTau Camp is raised off the ground to take advantage of the fantastic river views. Each en-suite tent is spacious, spreading out under a canvas roof, with clear-storey sliding doors and windows that allow for wide-angle views of the riverfront. There is an airy, expansive dining and lounge area and a pool, all overlooking the lagoon and its denizens. DumaTau has a very light carbon footprint and runs on solar energy.
- Duma Tau (BLD)
Day 7 - Departure
Today is your final day on safari, fly from DumaTau to Maun (or Kasane) for departure.
Type of Safari
for singles, couples, families & groups
6 nights/7 days
Included & Excluded
- Accommodation on a shared basis
- Scheduled activities and all internal charters
- Soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juice, house wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin and Amarula
- National Park fees
- All meals, drinks and activities while in lodges on safari
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
- Compulsory comprehensive insurance
- All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
- All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
- Optional extra activities
- Pre and post safari tours
- All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes
- Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
Lite Aircraft, 4x4 safari vehicle, Motorboat, Mokoro