CHOBE HOUSEBOAT - 2/3/4 Nights
Standard Cabins have air conditioning, king size beds [or twin beds], en-suite shower and hair drier - price listed.
Superior cabins have a private balcony and rates are roughly an additional 20%
The Chobe Princesses sail on scheduled weekly departures every Monday (two-nights or four nights), Wednesday (two-nights) and Friday (three-nights).
Drift down the Chobe River on board a luxury house boat and spot incredible wildlife and birds while you completely relax in an intimate river safari experience.
Day 1 to 3 - Chobe River
Transfer from Kasanne to The Chobe Princess
With only a small number of guests per boat and no set itinerary or departure dates, staying in one of the three Chobe Princesses is like being on your very own luxury houseboat. The entire boat can also be booked exclusively, giving you your very own private villa on the water. As you drift down the Chobe River and spot incredible wildlife scenes, you'll be able to completely relax in an intimate river safari experience.
Each houseboat has a minimum of three smaller "tender" boats for use on daily excursions that take your fancy: mark off over 450 bird species found in this wetland paradise, try your hand at landing a tiger fish, or capture Africa's unique beauty on a photographic safari. Whatever you choose to do, your day trips will be personal and flexible because you’ll be sharing the tender boats with a small number of guests.
Alternatively, simply laze on a deck chair with an ice-cold drink in hand as you soak up the tranquility that surrounds you.
Each cabin on board the Chobe Princesses is tastefully decorated in a contemporary style, and each has its own private view onto the ever-changing landscapes beyond. As you lie on your king-sized bed, spot an elephant grazing on the riverbank nearby, or see a fish eagle diving for its prey. On the upper entertainment deck, a spacious lounge and bar area encourages you to take time out while there’s also a plunge pool that's perfect for a refreshing dip. After a day spent doing as you please, fall asleep with the calls of hyena or even a lion drifting through the open doors of your cabin
- The Chobe Princess (BLD)
Day 4 - Departure
The morning is spent according to your departure time, and if time allows, a final activity. A final drive back to Kasanne and it is time for farewells to your guides, before taking off to your next destination.
Type of Safari
Individuals, Families or Small Groups
Luxury Houseboat Cabins
2/3/4 night stays on set departure dates
- All meals, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee, tea, local beer and wine
- Guided water-based game viewing and birding
- Guided water-based fishing (all fishing is strictly catch and release)*
- Guided (non-professional) water-based photographic safari**
- Guided cultural tour of a local village
- Guided walks on Impalila Island, for Ichingo Chobe River Lodge guests only
- Road transfers to and from Kasane International Airport and Kasane Immigration Office located on the Botswana side of the Chobe River***
- Boat transfers between Kasane Immigration Office and Namibia Immigration Office located on the Namibian side of the Chobe River***
* Subject to availability of fishing boats
** Subject to availability of the photographic boat
*** When arriving at the Kasane and Namibian Immigration Offices guests need to fill in the required immigration forms to gain access and departure permission from the relevant authorities. This process can take between 45 to 60 minutes to complete and needs to be considered in terms of timing and pre-planning.
- International flights, visas or taxes
- Any optional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any excluded beverages/items
- Any extra purchases (curio shopping etc.)
- Tips and gratuities
- Medical and luggage insurance
Transfer boat, houseboat and tender boats
Please send us info on the safari/s you are interested in, your preferred dates, how many adults and children [+ ages] and we will come back to you with a detailed quote.
SEND US A DETAILED QUOTE [takes you to a submission form]