FISH EAGLE SAFARI - 5 Night
This 5 night mobile camping journey will take you through Botswana’s famous regions; Moremi Game Reserve is situated in the eastern corner of the Okavango Delta and is one of the most beautiful and varied reserves found on the African continent with huge concentrations of wildlife and incredible scenery. The reserve consists of both swamped areas and dry-land areas. The Khwai Reserve is famous for elephants and excellent predators - and wonderful floodplains.
Departures are on set dates and group sizes start with a minimum of 2 people and up to 12 - this is a scheduled group safari where you join other people that are booked on it although it can be privatised if you have a suitable group. You have your own safari vehicle and professional guide and a backup team of driver, cook and camp assistant who drive in a separate vehicle. On safari the camp staff attend to your comfort by erecting and dismantling the camp and preparing delicious meals cooked on an open fire. Accommodation is in ensuite meru style tents complete with your own bucket shower and bush loo, staff prepare delicious meals throughout your safari and a camp assistant to take care of all camp duties.
Day 1 & 2: Xakanaxa, Moremi Game Reserve
We will be there to give you a warm Botswana welcome when you land at Maun Airport. You will then meet your pilot for a stunning light aircraft transfer over the Okavango Delta and Chief’s Island. This flight gives you a fish eagle’s eye view of this amazing ecosystem. When you land at your remote bush airstrip within the Moremi Game Reserve, your guide will be waiting to transfer you to your mobile camp with a game drive en route. After meeting the camp team and settling in, the magic of a mobile camp becomes apparent as you find yourself in the wilderness with the sunset and drinks around the fire before a starlit dinner and a great night’s rest after falling asleep to the sounds of the African bush. Spending your first two nights camping in the Xakanaxa / Third Bridge area, you explore the surrounding wilderness on game drives during the day. The Moremi Game Reserve protects around a third of the entire Okavango Delta ecosystem – some 5 000km2 (1 930 square miles).
- Spacious expedition dome tents (BLD)
Day 3 - 5 - Khwai Comunity Area, Okavango
Following an early breakfast you continue your journey to Khwai, stopping for a picnic lunch en-route. The Khwai River forms a boundary between the reserve and the community area. You spend the next three nights camping at a campsite in the community area, exploring the Khwai floodplains on game drives both during the day and at night. Here, you will also enjoy a 2 ½ hour Mekoro Trip exploring the water ways of Khwai which is the most eastern reach of the Okavango river system. Exploring after dark with spotlights offers you a unique opportunity to experience some of the nocturnal animals that are rarely encountered during the day. It is important to note that night drives are not permitted within the national parks and reserves. These activities are conducted outside the boundaries of the Moremi Game Reserve in the Khwai community area.
- Spacious expedition dome tents (BLD)
Day 6 - Departure
Following breakfast, you head back to Maun enjoying a picnic lunch en-route. You will be dropped in Maun for your onwards arrangements.
Type of Safari
Small Group Mobile Camping Safari
2 - 7 people, available for
Fully serviced, walk-in tent,
shower and toilet en-suite
5 Nights / 6 days
- Comfortable walk-in tent;s with built in floors and mosquito gauze. Beds are comfortable camp stretchers including all bed linen and a towel
- En-suite bathrooms with a bucket shower and bush loo
- Licensed and experienced professional guide
- Game drives and local transfers in custom made open game drive vehicles with shade roof, game viewing seats
- All entrance and camping fees within the National Parks & Game Reserves. Private campsites are used wherever possible
- All meals & selected drinks
- Dedicated safari team including cook, camp assistant and back up driver
- Bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo and insect repellent)
- Medical evacuation insurance
- All activities as specified in the itinerary
- International & domestic or charter flights and airport departure taxes
- Travel, cancellation and medical insurance (essential on all safaris)
- Optional safari extensions
- Spirits (other than Gin)
- Items of a personal nature
4x4 safari vehicle
Please send us info on the safari/s you are interested in, your preferred dates, how many adults and children [+ ages] and we will come back to you with a detailed quote.
SEND US A DETAILED QUOTE [takes you to a submission form]