BOTSWANA HONEYMOON SAFARI - 10 Nights
A luxury Botswana safari that flies from Maun or Kasane and includes: 3 nights Chobe Game Lodge, 2 nights Camp Okavango, 3 nights Camp Moremi, 2 nights Leroo La Tau. Combines the famous Chobe National Park with the Okavango Delta Unesco Heritage Site and ending on the fringe of the Makgadikgadi Pans for a wonderfully diverse Botswana safari itinerary with special upgrades and private honeymoon experiences.
Special Honeymoon inclusions
- SUITE UPGRADE at Chobe Game Lodge: Automatic upgrade into one of our suites. Upgrade confirmed at the time of reservation, not check in.
- PRIVATE Sunrise Breakfast Cruise at Chobe Game Lodge: Enjoy a private sunrise boat cruise on the Chobe River including champagne breakfast.
- PRIVATE Dinner at Camp Moremi: Private dinner setup at Camp Moremi in one of the exclusive, romantic locations at the camp.
- SETSWANA BLESSING at Leroo La Tau: A traditional Setswana blessing with the staff at Leroo La Tau and members of the khumaga community.
- HELICOPTER Flip at Camp Okavango: A 60-minute helicopter scenic flight including a private romantic champagne sundowner on a remote island in the Okavango Delta.
Day 1 to 2: Leroo La Tau - Makgadikgadi
Fly from Maun to Leroo La Tau
Leroo La Tau is situated on the western bank of the Boteti River, northwest of Khumaga Village and about 140 kilometres southeast of Maun. The eastern bank of the Boteti forms the boundary of the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park, which stretches away from the riverbank towards its interior of scrubland and mineral-rich grasslands.
The lodge features twelve luxurious thatched and glass-fronted suites with en-suite bathrooms, each unit raised on a wooden platform. The main lounge and dining area, with its inviting wooden and thatch finish, allows you to relax at the bar while listening to the wide variety of night sounds so characteristic of the African bush. Alternatively you can lounge around the swimming pool or enjoy the panoramic river vista from the game-viewing hide built into the bank of the river.
- Leroo La Tau (Fully inclusive)
Day 3 to 4: Camp Okavango
Fly from Leroo La Tau to Camp Okavango
Camp Okavango accommodates just twenty-four guests. There are eleven intimate Safari suites and one Family suite consisting of two bedrooms and each with an en-suite bathroom. Each of the guest suites have been built on individual raised wooden platforms and set beneath the thick Okavango Delta vegetation. The en-suite bathrooms have double vanities, double shower and a separate water closet (with a view). The stack away sliding doors open onto a private open-air viewing deck offering beautiful views over the Okavango Delta. The main area comprises of a network of interconnected walkways linking up two lounge areas, a dining room, library, self-service bar and curio shop.
Water-based activities are conducted by experienced professional guides who will expertly navigate guests through the many meandering, reed-lined waterways. Roam the vast expanses of water from the comfort of a modern motorboat or explore the intricacies of the Okavango Delta the quiet old-fashioned way, in the traditional mokoro (dugout canoe). Head out on foot on the islands with professional guides to explore nature up close.
- Camp Okavango (Fully Inclusive)
Day 5 to 7: Camp Moremi
Fly from Okavango to Moremi
Camp Moremi’s communal areas include a sunken bar, masterfully built around a large termite mound and ebony tree, an expansive lounge area with a beautiful brass and soft finishes, leading towards an extended library and private deck. These areas, including the elevated dining area, connects by boardwalk to the fireplace in front of the camp. In addition, an open-air boma and secluded swimming pool complement the public area facilities.
All standard tents are expansive with spacious bathrooms consisting of double vanities and showers, and private decks offering views over the Moremi Game Reserve. Subtle décor and lighting fixtures allow for a natural and warm atmosphere within each room to create a peaceful and harmonious blend with the surrounding environment.
Morning and afternoon game drives are carried out through the many different ecosystems that the Moremi Game Reserve has to offer or the possibility to explore the Xakanaxa Lagoon and its surrounding channels by boat. This blend of activities allows for access to incredible landscapes, impressive wildlife as well as the opportunity to enjoy the picturesque waters of the Okavango Delta.
- Camp Moremi (Fully Inclusive)
Day 8 to 10: Chobe Game Lodge - Chobe
Fly from Moremi to Chobe [Kasane]
The only permanent game lodge situated within the famous Chobe National Park, Chobe Game Lodge is Botswana's premier venue for guests looking for a perfect base from which to explore the National Park and the Chobe River. This five-star Lodge has full eco-grading by Botswana Tourism Board.
Chobe Game Lodge is designed as a haven of peace and privacy – where relaxation is effortless and you can enjoy your own space. With six comfortably furnished viewing decks, a riverside boma, two bars, six different lounges and four dining locations, a comfy chair or lounger is never far away, each with a different perspective on the wilderness that surrounds the lodge. A large swimming pool provides welcome relief during hot afternoons and there is always a waiter on hand to bring you refreshments from the bar.
Guests wishing to pamper themselves are welcome to book one of the delightful treatments from our in-house beautician (for which there is an extra charge) or hit the gym for some exercise between the usual Lodge activities (complimentary).
- Chobe Game Lodge (Fully Inclusive)
Day 11: Departure
After your morning drive and breakfast you Transfer by road to Kasane for your onward arrangements.
Type of Safari
Custom itinerary for honeymoon couples
10 nights/11 days
- Suite upgrade at Chobe Game lodge
- Private dinner at Camp Moremi
- PRIVATE Sunrise Breakfast Cruise at Chobe Game Lodge:
- SETSWANA BLESSING at Leroo La Tau
- HELICOPTER Flip at Camp Okavango:
- All meals as specified
- Airport departure tax at Kasane or Maun Airport
- Emergency Medical evacuation cover
- Scheduled charter flights & road transfers as specified in package (KASANE to MAUN or MAUN to KASANE)
- Accommodation on a shared basis
- Scheduled activities and all internal charters
- Soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juice, house wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin and Amarula
- National Park fees
- All meals, drinks and activities while in lodges on safari
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
- Compulsory comprehensive insurance
- All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
- All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
- Optional extra activities
- Pre and post safari tours
- All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes
- Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
Light Aircraft, 4x4 safari vehicle, Motorboat, Mokoro
Please send us info on the safari/s you are interested in, your preferred dates, how many adults and children [+ ages] and we will come back to you with a detailed quote.
SEND US A DETAILED QUOTE [takes you to a submission form]