PLAINS AND PALMS - 7 Nights
Green Season $ 4 254-00 (15 November - 31 March 2020) USD per person sharing
A Comfortable Lodge safari that fly's from Maun to Splash for 4 nights and then on to Tau Pan for 3 nights, ending back at Maun. (Or in reverse)
Day 1 to 4: Splash - Okavango
Fly from Maun to Splash
Splash offers, within the exclusive concession in which it is located, a wide variety of activities. In addition to game drives, both day and night, the camp offers mokoro trips, as well as fishing (spinning equipment is provided but fly fisherman need to bring their own equipment). Boat trips are on a double-decker boat that visits the Godikwe Lagoon in the waters of the Moremi Game Reserve, which is known for the abundant varieties of birdlife especially during nesting season. Splash is known for its consistent sightings of predators, including lion, cheetah, leopard and on rare occasion – white rhino! Herds of elephants also frequent the area, as well as giraffe, zebra, sitatunga, lechwe, impala and hippos.
- Splash (Fully inclusive)
Day 5 to 7: Tau Pan - Central Kalahari
Fly from Splash to Tau Pan
Tau Pan is the first semi-permanent camp inside the Central Kalahari Game Reserve and offers truly incredible views from the ridge of an ancient sand dune, an unusual experience in a land as flat as Botswana, and overlooks the famous Tau Pan - recognised for its stark beauty and remoteness.
9 environmentally adapted en-suite tents including 1 family tent are set on raised decks, affording the same spectacular views over the plains. Each has an indoor and outdoor shower, double-basin vanity, open wardrobe, King-sized double bed, living area and writing desk. The main area of the camp is set around the fireplace, which is the ideal spot for game viewing down to the waterhole. A telescope is also provided for guests’ use. The bar, lounge, curio shop and dining area all encircle the fire place.
Activities offered at Tau Pan are game drives, day trips to the well-known Deception Valley, Sunday, Piper and Passarge Pans, star gazing, bush brunches on Tau Pan, and nature walks with Bushman trackers.
‘Tau’ which means lion in Setswana, is so named for the pride of iconic black-maned Kalahari lions who frequent the camp (with a particular preference for the family tent!).
Species that can be found in the Kalahari include oryx, the desert-adapted springbok, jackals, the rare brown hyena, red-crested Korhaan and herds of wildebeest.
Day 8: Departure
After your morning drive and breakfast you fly back to Maun for your onward arrangements.
Type of Safari
for singles, couples, families & groups
Included & Excluded
- Accommodation on a shared basis
- Scheduled activities and all internal charters
- Soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juice, house wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin and Amarula
- National Park fees
- All meals, drinks and activities while in lodges on safari
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
- Compulsory comprehensive insurance
- All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
- All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
- Optional extra activities
- Pre and post safari tours
- All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes
- Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
Lite Aircraft, 4x4 safari vehicle, Motorboat, Mokoro