PREMIER BOTSWANA - 6 Nights
Mid Season $ 8 328-00 (May, June, October, November)* USD per person sharing.
High Season $ 16 553-00 (July, August, September, October)* USD per person sharing.
*Seasons may vary.
Experience the best of the Okavango Delta while staying at two of Botswanas premier camps. Both Jao and Vumbura Plains are excellent year-round destinations and offer a variety of habitats and activities, making them a great combination, while staying in some of the most luxurious, architectural lodges in the Okavango Delta! Fine food and hospitality goes without saying!
Day 1 to 3 - Jao Camp
Fly from Maun to Jao
Sumptuous Jao Camp is set in an area where islands fringed with riverine forests meet open floodplains. Its nine spacious and beautifully-designed tents are situated beneath a canopy of shady trees and have en-suite facilities, as well as an outdoor shower. Built on raised decks, each has a private sala for afternoon siestas with views of the spectacular surrounds. In addition to the lounge and dining area, there are two plunge pools, a boma for dining under the stars and a spa with a wide range of massage therapies.
Game drive | Kayak (Mokoro) | Night drive | Boating | Fishing | Spa | Gym
Highlights of Jao
Jao is acclaimed for its architecture and individually handcrafted units | Shining waters, swaying reeds, leaping lechwe and dancing cranes | Jao is the epitome of luxury in the most remote, scenically splendid setting
- Jao Camp (BLD)
Day 4 to 6 - Vumbura Plains South Camp
Fly from Jao to Vumbura
Vumbura Plains comprises two separate seven-roomed satellite camps, each with its own uniquely-designed lounge and dining area tucked beneath a canopy of shady, indigenous trees. A star-gazing deck is set over the floodplain, a place to gaze upwards or simply enjoy the convivial campfire setting. Each large, luxurious room is raised off the ground, with indoor and outdoor shower and full en-suite bathroom. A step down is the lounge area, open on three sides for an iconic view of the floodplains. Each room also has a plunge pool and 'sala'.
Game drive | Kayak (Mokoro) | Night drive | Walk | Boating | Fishing | Cultural Visits
Highlights of Vumbura Plains
An eco-retreat of contemporary and unique design | The habitat mix means just about every species found in the Okavango can be seen | Excellent predator sightings year round
- South Camp (BLD)
Day 7 - Departure
Fly from Vumbura to Maun or Kassane for your onward arrangements.
Type of Safari
For individuals, couples, families and groups.
6 Nights / 7 days
Included & Excluded
- Accommodation on a shared basis.
- All meals
- Soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juice, house wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin and Amarula
- National Park fees
- Laundry (excluded at Deception Valley Adventurer Camp)
- Road transfers
- Scheduled activities and all internal charters
- Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
- Compulsory comprehensive insurance
- All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
- All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
- Laundry at Deception Valley Adventurer Camp
- Optional extra activities
- Pre and post safari tours
- All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes
- Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
Lite Aircraft, 4x4 safari vehicle, Motorboat, Mokoro