Safari Travel Apps to consider...
We know you will have a smartphone with you so why not consider having these apps to enhance your visit;
● Universal app (works on BOTH iPhone and iPad)
● Swipe to move to the next or previous species.
● 969 Species found in the Southern African region and includes images, distribution maps and text descriptions.
● Over 2800 photographs for 833 species (additional in-app purchase required).
● Audible calls for over 630 bird species
● A “Smart Search” that allows you to easily identify a bird using beak shape, bird size, bird colour and habitat.
● You can select a region of Southern Africa, so that the lists of birds throughout the program display only the birds in your region.
● “Bird Compare” allows you to compare two birds side by side on the same screen (including calls, illustrations and photographs).
● A personal bird list that stores your bird sightings saved to the device* and can be exported using email.
● View the Bird Index by English, Afrikaans or Scientific bird names.
Roberts Birds Multimedia
The ROBERTS MULTIMEDIA BIRDS OF SOUTHERN AFRICA iOS EDITION is a comprehensive and interactive application that combines multimedia data on 968 Southern African bird species with seven interactive modules for every aspect of mobile birding
Stuart's SA Mammal Guide
Discover and explore all 529 southern African mammal species with this comprehensive app by experts Chris and Mathilde Stuart. Fully updated and revised from the 4th edition, this app now extends coverage to Angola, Zambia, Malawi and northern Mozambique, featuring all southern African mammals, from aardvark, shrews and bats to the dolphins and whales that inhabit coastal and deeper waters. Detailed species entries, photographs, videos, calls, distribution maps and search-by-country functionality enable quick identification, making this app the go-to field tool for students, scientists and all nature lovers.
Mammal Guide of Southern Africa
Based on the renowned reference work "Mammals of Southern Africa" from Burger Cillié, the app covers 137 species. All larger mammals of the southern African sub-region are included. With more than 200 excellent colour images, plus distribution maps, tracks, and animal calls this app is the ultimate digital pocket field guide! Easy identification with the advanced compare mode. This app was produced and designed by experienced biologists.
Trees of Southern Africa